These came together really nicely and I just had to share the recipe!
1 batch Thermobexta’s Spelt Crepes batter (without sugar)
300g baby spinach
60g spring onion
1 garlic clove
500g fresh ricotta
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1/8 tsp each dried thyme and nutmeg
1 batch Thermobexta’s Very Vege Pizza/Pasta Sauce
50g mozzarella cheese
10g parmesan cheese
1. Prepare crepe batter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses in mixer bowl. Grate for 6 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Remove from bowl, set aside.
3. Place spinach in mixer bowl. Cook for 2 minutes/100/speed 3/MC on – you will need to use the Thermomix spatula to assist for the first 30 seconds or so. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Cook for 3 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on. Transfer to a bowl lined with a nut milk bag and leave to cool a little.
5. Into mixer bowl, place spring onion, garlic, mushrooms and butter. Chop for 6 seconds/speed 5/MC on then cook for 8 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off, pausing half way to scrape down sides of bowl.
6. Using the nut milk bag, squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the cooked spinach then add it to the mushroom mixture in mixer bowl, along with the ricotta, egg, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix for 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Transfer to a bowl.
7. Prepare Very Vege Pizza/Pasta Sauce. While it cooks, proceed with the next step.
8. Measure out roughly 1/4 cup of crepe batter and pour it into the frying pan. Pick up the pan and move it in circular motions on a slight angle in order to spread the batter out until it covers approximately a 20-22cm diameter. Cook for a minute or two and turn it over when the underside starts to change colour. When both sides are cooked, slide the crepe out onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
9. Place 1/10 of the filling in a line down the middle of each crepe. Roll crepes up to enclose the filling (leaving the ends open) and place your prepared casserole dish/deep tray.
10. When all crepes are cooked, filled, rolled and placed into the dish, evenly spread on them the Very Vege Pizza/Pasta Sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.