This Thermomix-made Spinach and Ricotta Crepe Bake was an idea I came up with, made and loved! I just love it when recipes come together so easily.
Mixing spinach and ricotta is a classic ingredient pairing and they always go well together! Adding in some mushrooms to the mix gives extra flavour and nutrition.
Stuffing this delicious filling into crepes, topping with the amazing hidden veggie sauce and cheese and baking in the oven makes a filling, nutritious meal.
It’s a meal best suited to the weekend. Reason being, it takes a bit longer to make than what I like to spend making weeknight dinners. But it’s VERY much worth it!
I actually really like the process of longer recipes like this. You can do bits and pieces and come and go.
The Thermomix is used to make the spinach and ricotta filling, the crepes, the tomato sauce and to grate the cheese for the top.
Actually it’s totally fine to make the crepes and the pizza/pasta sauce the day before. You could even make the filling the day before if preferred. Then construct and bake the day you want to eat it. Doing it this way is a huge time saver.
A Few More Thermomix Spinach and Ricotta Combos
Spinach and ricotta is one of my favourite ingredient mixes. Here are a few other recipes that use both:
The BEST Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni! You will find this one in More Main Meals Made Easy
The4Blades Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Shell Bake
After More Awesome Thermie Dinners?
I’ve combined my two very popular Main Meals cookbooks into a book bundle to save you a few dollars, in the Thermobexta Main Meals Cookbook Collection.
These two books are the best collection of Thermomix main meals around and great value, with many meals offering both comprehensive vegetarian AND meat versions.
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Crepe Bake
Spinach and Ricotta Filling
- 300 g baby spinach
- 60 g spring onion
- 1 garlic clove 5g
- 200 g mushrooms
- 10 g butter or olive oil
- 500 g fresh ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/8 tsp each dried thyme and nutmeg
- Make crepes in advance – you can do it right before starting this recipe, or even the day before.
- Place mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses in mixer bowl. Grate 6 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Remove from bowl, set aside. This will be the topping.
To make Spinach and Ricotta Filling
- Place spinach in mixer bowl. Cook 2 minutes/100/speed 3/MC on – you will need to use the Thermomix spatula to assist for the first 30 seconds or so. Scrape down bowl.
- Cook a further 3 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool a little.
- Place spring onion, garlic, mushrooms and butter in mixer bowl. Chop 6 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Cook 8 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off, pausing half way to scrape down bowl.
- Add ricotta, egg, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the cooked spinach then add to the bowl. Mix 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Transfer to a bowl.
To make Very Veggie Pizza/Pasta Sauce
- Follow the link in the ingredients list to make Very Veggie Pizza/Pasta Sauce (it will open on a separate tab so you won't lose this recipe) While it cooks, proceed with the next Steps.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place 1/10 of the filling in a line down the middle of each crepe. Roll crepes up to enclose the filling (leaving the ends open) and place in a large casserole dish.
- When all crepes are filled, top with Very Veggie Pizza/Pasta Sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.