This is a basic recipe for Thermomix crepes, that can be the base of all sorts of meals, either sweet or savoury – if making them for a savoury filling, simply omit the sugar. They roll and fold easily and can be easily made to suit dairy intolerances.
30g butter (coconut oil for DF)
350g milk of your choice
180g unbleached white spelt flour or plain flour
20g sugar (optional) – omit this if using with a savoury filling
pinch of salt
more butter (coconut oil for DF), for the frying pan
1. Place butter in mixer bowl. Melt for 1.5 minutes/70/speed 2/MC on.
2. Add milk, eggs, flour, sugar (if using) and salt. Mix for 30 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
3. Transfer batter to a bowl and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes (or overnight, to save time in the morning). If you don’t have time for this step, you can skip it, but you will get better results if you do refrigerate it for a little while.
4. Heat a medium sized frying pan and melt in it a little butter.
5. Measure out roughly 1/4 cup of crepe batter and pour it into the frying pan. Pick up the pan and move it in circular motions on a slight angle in order to spread the batter out until it covers approximately a 20-22cm diameter. Cook for a minute or two and turn it over when the underside starts to change colour. When both sides are cooked, slide the crepe out onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Fill with ingredients of your choice and roll or fold and enjoy! Try my Strawberry Sauce or Fast Blueberry Sauce if you’re wanting sweet, or my Spinach, Mushroom and Ricotta Stuffed Crepe Bake for something savoury.