I really love lasagne and thought it was time I shared a Thermomix vegetarian lasagne here with you.
Actually, lasagne is definitely one of my favourite foods and this version tops all of them for me. Well except my mum’s Spinach Lasagne, which I somehow managed to replicate, and published in Family Favourites Made Easy… a few years after sharing this one.
This epic vegetarian lasagne uses simple ingredients and comes together into a lovely, warming, comforting meal. We don’t tend to add accompaniments to this as it contains really all you need!
Serving it on its own does mean it doesn’t stretch as far. So bear in mind that the 8 servings I’ve given the recipe are for when you’re serving with salad, or other sides.
This Thermomix Vegetarian Lasagne Beats a Meat One Any Day!
The main bulk of this Thermomix vegetable lasagne is, well, veggies! The mix of veggies and the texture of the sauce is actually kind of meaty.
I’ve had so many people over the years tell me that their meat loving families gobbled this up, oblivious to the fact that there wasn’t even a tiny bit of meat in it.
You can find a tweaked version of this fab recipe in my cookbook, Main Meals Made Easy.
For those that would like it, there is in fact a meat variation on the recipe there. But I highly recommend you try the vego version first. I’d put bets on you and your family not missing the meat and going on to make it vegetarian time and time again.
I’d Love to Hear From You!
Please give me a star rating below and comment underneath this recipe if you make it, or have made it in the past! I love hearing what people think of my recipes.
We also have a friendly Facebook group that you’re very welcome to come on over and join! There you will find plenty of thermo inspo and lots of friendly helpful Bexta’s. It’s a place for you to also share photos and thoughts on the recipes too if you would like to.
Don’t forget to pin this to your Pinterest boards for future reference. Here’s my Thermomix Inspiration Pinterest board if you want to check that out!
Thermomix Vegetarian Lasagne – Very Veggie
- 200 g brown onion quartered
- 5 garlic cloves 25g
- 20 g dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 20 g olive oil
- 500 g vine-ripened tomatoes quartered
- 350 g carrots roughly chopped
- 200 g zucchini roughly chopped
- 100 g mushrooms halved
- 100 g celery roughly chopped
- 75 g red capsicum roughly chopped
- 100 g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- handful fresh basil leaves or a good shake of dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 100 g cheddar cheese diced 1.5cm
- 50 g Parmesan cheese diced 1.5cm
- 200 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 100 g milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 150-180 g dried lasagne sheets I really like Castagno organic dried lasagne sheets (Note 1)
To make Vegetable Sauce
- Place onion, garlic, shiitake mushrooms and oil in mixer bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Cook 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add tomatoes and carrots. Chop 5 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, celery and capsicum. Chop 30-40 seconds/speed 4/MC on, or until no large chunks remain.
- Add tomato paste, stock and basil. Push these ingredients down with a spatula and roughly stir into what is already in the bowl. Cook 25 minutes/reverse/100 and set to speed 3, reducing the speed to speed 2 after 5 minutes cooking time.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if required. Cook a further 10 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC off, with the steaming basket sitting on top of the lid to contain any splatters.
- Transfer to another bowl. Set aside.
To make Cheese Topping
- Place Parmesan and cheddar cheeses in mixer bowl. Blitz 5 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Remove half of the cheese to a bowl, set aside.
- To the cheese in mixer bowl, add ricotta, milk, egg and pepper. Blitz 10 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a lasagne dish, layer components in this order: Vegetable Sauce – lasagne sheets – Vegetable Sauce – lasagne sheets – Vegetable Sauce – lasagne sheets – Vegetable Sauce (until all sauce is used). Finally, top with the Cheese Topping, dolloping spoonfuls of the mixture on then carefully spreading to cover the entire surface. Sprinkle with the grated cheese you set aside earlier.
- Cook 30-40 minutes, until the lasagne sheets are cooked through. If the surface becomes brown before the pasta is ready, cover the dish with aluminium foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.