Biscotti dough in the Thermomix is done in a flash, it’s an absolute breeze!
‘Biscotti’ is of Italian origin. They are twice cooked biscuits, baked in a low oven. They are very crunchy and the perfect morsel to dunk in your cuppa.
Traditionally biscotti contains nuts. If you would like nuts in this biscotti, feel free to have a play around! You can replace some of the choc chips with almonds, pistachios, macadamias or pecans.
The dough isn’t overly sweet. Most of the sweetness comes from the choc chips. Because of this, it’s best to not replace all of the choc chips with nuts.
Ingredients for making Lemon Choc Chip Biscotti in the Thermomix
There isn’t a lot to these, just some basic ingredients! You’ll need the following:
Making the biscotti in the Thermomix + oven
Here is a visual guide to making biscotti. The full recipe is in the printable recipe card below.
To make biscotti, add sugar and lemon zest to Thermomix bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and combine. Scrape dough out onto a baking paper lined tray. The dough will be sticky. Use wet hands to shape into a neat log, then cook in a low oven for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes baking, rest until cool. In the photos below, I’ve left 30 minutes and you can still it was still warm, so some of the choc chips are still melty. You can leave longer if preferred, but 30 minutes is adequate.
Lay the slices of biscotti out flat on the tray and return to the oven.
Bake a 10 minutes, then turn the slices over and bake another 10 minutes. After this time, the biscotti slices will be dry and once cooled, crunchy.
Perfect home made gifts!
This Lemon Choc Chip Biscotti Thermomix recipe is great to make and keep to enjoy with a cuppa. It also makes awesome gifts! If you’re after some more great home made gifts, check these out:
The Brilliant Biscuits, five ways, in Lunches and Snacks Made Easy are a great one to whip up a few different flavoured batches of when making several gifts. Each recipient can sample a few different flavours! The Apricot Coconut Balls, Choc Cherry Bliss Balls, Chocolate Granola, No Bake Muesli Bars in the same book also make awesome gifts.
Join us on Social Media
Lemon Choc Chip Biscotti
- 5 x 10cm strips lemon zest removed from the lemon with a vegetable peeler
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 20 g lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder, or 0.5 vanilla bean (seeds only)
- 260 g spelt flour (unbleached white) or plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g choc chips
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C. Line a large tray with baking paper.
- In mixer bowl, place lemon zest and sugar. Blitz 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt. Process 20 seconds/speed 3/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add choc chips. Combine 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Transfer dough to the tray, ensuring it falls roughly where you want to bake it, as it will be difficult to re-position. Using wet hands, shape dough into a 30cm x 8cm log. Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven and leave to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice the log into 1-1.5cm thick pieces. Lay the pieces flat on the tray and return to the oven for 10 minutes. After this time, turn each piece over and bake a further 10 minutes. Remove tray from oven and leave to cool completely before eating.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.