Buying tomatoes in bulk saves so much money when you use them to stock up on basics such as this Thermomix Tomato Paste.
My local fruit and veggie shop sells 10kg boxes of tomatoes very cheaply. I have also bought bulk boxes from my local farmers market.
If it doesn’t seem your local fruit and veggie shop sells bulk tomatoes, ask the question as they will probably be happy to do a deal for you.
How to make Thermomix Tomato Paste
This is such a very simple recipe that takes minimal preparation time and gives great results.
The Thermomix does such a wonderful job of pureeing that there is no need to peel or deseed the tomatoes before making tomato paste.
1. Prepare the tomatoes by cutting into quarters.
2. Place in mixer bowl along with olive oil, salt, bay leaves and some fresh parsley.
3. Blitz ingredients for 10 seconds/speed 8.
4. Cook down for 45 minutes/steaming temperature.
5. Blitz 1 minute/speed 9.
6. Cook a further 10-15 minutes, until thick and concentrated, then portion in to ice cube trays, to freeze ready for use as needed.
More recipes to use up bulk tomatoes
When I buy a box of tomatoes, I tend to make three or four consecutive batches of this Tomato Paste. After that, I generally make:
This recipe is very popular for many, many Bexta’s and is a must-have in my fridge. It uses 1.5kg tomatoes.
Moroccan Chickpea and Olive Hotpot (MMME)
This is a super tasty meal that uses 500g tomatoes.
This is a meal I love to make for my family as we all love it, it uses 400g tomatoes.
This is another one that can be made a few batches at a time for the freezer. It calls for tinned tomatoes but it works great with fresh too, just increase cooking time to compensate to the higher water content of fresh tomatoes.
Main Meals Made Easy
Main Meals Made Easy was the very first cookbook I published and it remains a favourite amongst many. The vast majority of recipes in the book are all-in-one main meals – vegetarian, with details meat variations. However, there are also four recipes for ‘Staples’ in it, this Thermomix Tomato Paste being one of them.
Join us on social media
To keep up with all the Thermobexta news and for lots of thermie inspiration, make sure you join our Facebook group.
Thermomix Tomato Paste
- 1.5 kg tomatoes quartered
- 20 g olive oil
- 10 g salt
- 2 bay leaves fresh or dried
- Parsley good sized handful
- Place all ingredients in mixer bowl. Process 10 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
- Cook 45 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off, with basket on top of lid to catch any splatters.
- Scrape down bowl. Blitz 1 minute/speed 9/MC on.
- Cook a further 10-15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off, basket on lid, until mixture is thick and concentrated.
- Scoop tablespoons of the paste into ice cube trays and freeze, ready for use as needed. When frozen, pop cubes out and store in a zip lock bag ready for use as needed.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.