This was a hit with my family tonight! I served it with a roast beetroot salad. The asparagus on top added a nice touch, but it’s not essential if you don’t like it.
butter or extra virgin olive oil, for greasing
200g leek, halved lengthways, cut into 4cm lengths
2 garlic cloves
20g ghee or butter
200-250g carrots, roughly chopped
100g feta, roughly chopped
50g spelt or gluten free flour
1 tsp herbamare or 15g odds-and-ends vegetable stock paste
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp fresh thyme, leaves only
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a slice tin or quiche dish.
2. Place the leek and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
3. Add ghee. Cook for 6 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
4. Add all remaining ingredients, except the asparagus. Blitz for 30 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
5. Pour into prepared dish and arrange the asparagus on top, if you are using it.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set.