This super tasty savoury slice is always a hit with my family! I usually serve it with a quick salad and roast veggies. The asparagus on top adds a nice touch, but it’s not essential if you don’t like/have it.
It’s quick to get in the oven, leaving you free to get on with other things while dinner cooks.
Mushroom, Leek and Thyme Slice
- butter (or olive oil) for greasing
- 200 g leek halved lengthways, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 g ghee (or butter)
- 400 g mushrooms
- 200-250 g carrots roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 100 g fetta cheese roughly chopped
- 50 g spelt flour (or plain flour, or gluten free flour)
- 1 tsp Herbamare (or 15g odds-and-ends vegetable stock paste)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves only
- 1 bunch asparagus woody ends removed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a slice tin or quiche dish.
- Place the leek and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- Add ghee. Cook 6 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the asparagus. Blitz 30 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Pour into prepared dish and arrange the asparagus on top, if you are using it.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until set.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.