This is a really nice dip, with few ingredients but loads of flavour!
100g raw cashews
2 cloves garlic
1/2 large lemon, juice only
2 sprigs basil, leaves only
25g extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
2. Wash beetroot thoroughly then place in a baking dish and cover with either a lid or alfoil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and test with a fork to see if they’re cooked. If they still feel too hard, put them back into the oven – they may need up to half an hour longer, depending on their size. When cooked, leave to cool.
3. When beetroot are cool enough to handle, peel the skin off – you will be able to do this with your hands, no need for a peeler.
4. Place all ingredients in mixer bowl. Chop 1 second/TURBO/MC on. Repeat 2-3 times, or until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste and season with salt and pepper if required.
5. Serve dip with vege sticks and crackers, or as an accompaniment to a meal.