This came about one morning when baked beans were requested for brekkie by one of my daughters and I didn’t feel like the ones I normally made.
So I set about creating something a bit different and we ended up finishing the entire batch. Needless to say, from then on that was the recipe for baked beans in our house.
You can find an improved version of this recipe, along with a great selection of breakfasts, soups, dinners and desserts – in my cookbook, Feel Good Food Made Easy.
Smoky Baked Beans
- 100 g brown onion halved
- 2 cloves garlic (10g)
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 150 g water
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar rapadura or coconut sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 2 400g tins white beans eg. cannellini, navy, drained and rinsed well
- Place onion, garlic and oil in mixer bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Sautè 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add tomatoes, water, parsley, paprika, sugar and salt. Chop 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Cook 15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add beans. Combine with a spatula. Cook 3 minutes/100/reverse/speed soft/MC off.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone