This is such a good one for kids birthday parties or a treat for a play date. It’s quick to make, makes a good sized batch and is a much healthier alternative to traditional chocolate crackles.
Makes 2 dozen
140g coconut oil
50g pure maple syrup
20g cacao powder
40g puffed brown rice
40g chia seeds
1. Place 24 If You Care mini baking cups onto a large, flat tray.
2. Place coconut oil in mixer bowl. Melt for 2 minutes/37/speed 2/MC on – if your coconut oil is already in a liquid state, skip this and move on to the next step.
3. Add maple syrup and cacao powder. Combine for 3 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add puffed rice and chia. Combine for 6 seconds/reverse/speed 3/MC on.
5. Spoon heaped teaspoons full of mixture into the mini baking cups. Refrigerate for an hour or until needed.
The IYC mini baking cups (and the other sizes too) don’t need the support of a muffin tin to keep them up once filled. They are terrific quality, unbleached and chlorine free, silicon lined and I love them. Check out the other items in the IYC range too – I have been using the parchment paper, sponges, sandwich bags and all sizes of the baking cups for the last few years and highly recommend all of these items.