My take on the classic Aussie favourite – chocolate crackles – uses a healthier-than-usual mix of ingredients. Don’t worry, the kids won’t suspect a thing! They’ll be gobbled up fast.
These are such a good one for kids birthday parties or a treat for a play date. Here’s a few reasons why:
- They’re quick to make.
- The recipe makes a decent sized batch – 24 minis.
- They’re a much healthier alternative to traditional chocolate crackles.
- Kids LOVE them.
- Adults do too!
They are environmentally friendly, both biodegradable and compostable. They don’t contain any nasties like chlorine or bleach.
And bonus, is that the baking cups, baking paper, etc. are actually really really good – they never ever stick!
Chocolate Chia Crackles
- 140 g coconut oil
- 50 g pure maple syrup
- 20 g cacao powder
- 40 g puffed brown rice
- 40 g chia seeds
- Place 24 mini baking cups* on 1-2 trays.
- Place coconut oil in mixer bowl. Melt 2 minutes/37/speed 2/MC on. If your coconut oil is already in a liquid state, skip the melting and move on to the next step.
- Add maple syrup and cacao powder. Combine 3 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add puffed rice and chia. Combine 6 seconds/reverse/speed 3/MC on.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons full of mixture into the mini baking cups. Refrigerate for a minimum of an hour before serving.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.