These Thermomix bliss balls are almost like eating little balls of raw lemony cookie batter!
The recipe came about during the development of my fourth cookbook, Lunches and Snacks Made Easy.
Bliss balls have always been a popular snack for my kids so I knew I had to make some for a snack book! But there are so many versions out there and almost all of them contain dates. So I really wanted to develop one without them, for something different.
Divine little morsels that these Thermomix bliss balls are, they were a massive hit in the testing team. When I told them they couldn’t be included in the book because I’d decided it was going to be 100% nut free, they made me promise to blog them.
So here they are, I hope you love them as much as we all do!
Luscious Lemon Bliss Balls
- 100 g rolled oats
- 80 g raw cashews
- 60 g desiccated coconut
- 1-2 lemons 60g juice and 15g zest – 8x10cm strips removed from lemon with a veggie peeler
- 80 g rice malt syrup or 65g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- desiccated coconut or chia or a combination, for rolling
- Place all ingredients (except coconut/chia for rolling) in mixer bowl. Blend 40 seconds/speed 9/MC on, stopping halfway to scrape down bowl.
- If mixture is a bit too sticky to handle right away, refrigerate for 30 minutes for the oats to absorb some moisture. You may not need to do this and can move straight on to the next step if your mixture isn’t too sticky.
- Roll tablespoon amounts of the mixture into balls. Roll each ball in coconut/chia to coat.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.