Today I bought a cauliflower and when I got home I discovered another in my fridge. Oops! What to do with the extra cauliflower? I decided on Thermomix cauliflower soup, for this wet, cold day in Perth.
I often make this soup however I had never weighed ingredients or recorded it. It’s such a quick, easy meal, that I figured it would be a great one to share with you for when you too have excess cauliflower or just feel like a yummy soup!
This silky smooth cauliflower soup has a hint of cheesiness and is made cheesier with pieces of squeaky halloumi. Really it’s like a cauliflower cheese soup!
How to make this fab Thermomix Cauliflower Soup
This really is a very simple recipe. Actually you’ll be surprised at how something so simple can be so yummy!
Place cauliflower, garlic and onion in the bowl and chop to ‘rice’ then add butter and thyme.
Saute this for 8 minutes before adding water, stock, mustard and pepper. Cook just 12 minutes more. While this cooks, fry up the halloumi.
Add milk and Parmesan to the soup and warm through then puree. Voila, ready to serve!
More Great Recipes that use Cauliflower
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable! For more great recipes that use it, check out these ones:
Cauliflower Cheese, Cauliflower Mash and Persian Cauli-Broc Rice in Super Sides Made Easy
Caulironi ‘n’ Cheese in Feel Good Food Made Easy
Curried Cauliflower and Carrot Slice in Lunches and Snacks Made Easy
Join us on Social Media
Have you joined our Facebook group? If not, come on over! With over 50,000 members, you’ll find lots of new ideas and Thermomix inspirations, hints and tips.
We’re also on Instagram. There I share pics of what’s cooking in my kitchen and more.
Thermomix Cauliflower Soup with Halloumi
- 50 g Parmesan cheese diced 2cm (Note 1)
- 700 g cauliflower roughly chopped
- 100 g brown onion halved
- 2 garlic cloves 10g
- 30 g unsalted butter (Note 1)
- 1 sprig of thyme leaves, no stem
- 550 g water
- 60 g Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 10 g Dijon mustard
- a few big pinches of pepper
- 180 g halloumi cheese strips (Note 1)
- olive oil for frying haloumi
- 200 g milk (Note 1)
- chives finely sliced, for serving
- Place Parmesan in mixer bowl. Grate 8 seconds/speed 9/MC on. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place cauliflower, onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop 6 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add butter and thyme. Cook 8 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC off.
- Add water, stock, mustard and pepper. Cook 12 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on.
- Meanwhile, fry halloumi in a frying pan.
- Add milk and Parmesan to mixer bowl. Heat 3 minutes/90/speed 2/MC on, then puree 30 seconds/speed 9/MC on, ensuring you increase the speed slowly.
- Serve soup in bowls, topped with halloumi and chives.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone