This Thermomix Cinnamon Crumble Cake is a cake I created several years ago and it went absolutely viral! People everywhere were making it over and over again – they couldn’t get enough!
It’s been a long time coming… this recipe has been in desperate need of a better photo and some more info for you. I hope that digging it up from the archives reminds everyone how amazingly good it is. You NEED it in your life.
It’s perfect for morning or afternoon tea with friends or just a treat for the family! If you like cinnamon, you will love this.
Let’s see how to make this Thermomix Crumble Cake!
(Find the full recipe at the bottom of the page on the printable recipe card)
First we whip up the three easy components from some simple ingredients – most or all of which you probably already have on hand!
1. Cinnamon sugar
For this layer, we blitz together cinnamon and sugar. There’s also the option of including an apple to this and I do highly recommend you include it, though it’s not compulsory!
The crumble is next up. It will form the top layer of the cake. All that’s needed is flour, butter, sugar, cinnamon and almonds.
3. Cake batter
Finally we whip up the cake batter. Just regular cake ingredients are used – flour, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, baking powder and salt.
Layering the cake ready for baking is a simple process. First we spread half of the batter into a tin, then top with the apple cinnamon sugar. Next, the remaining cake batter goes on, then the crumble topping scattered all over the top.
Once baked, it turns from this…
The three easy components of this scrumptious Thermomix crumble cake come together to produce such a special result. I do hope you love love love it!
FAQs on this Thermomix Cinnamon Crumble Cake
No its not. Originally when I first created this recipe it didn’t actually have any apple in it. However someone asked how it would go so of course I had to try it to compare! We love it with, and without, but the apple does add flavour and moisture and it’s my preference to include it.
You can and you will still end up with a lovely cake. I do highly recommend not skipping it, though, it requires very little extra effort and it really does elevate this cake from ’great’ to ’amazing!!!’
I haven’t made this gluten free, however I am very confident that it will work well with a gluten free blend that can replace 1:1. My preference would be to use Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour.
Yes for sure. You can replace the butter with a dairy-free spread of your choice, or coconut oil and use a plant-based milk.
Yep! Orgran No Egg works well to make it cake-y and egg free. Apple also sauce works as a replacement (120g), but will give more of a pudding texture (great served warm with custard!)
Sure. Just follow the replacement suggestions for making it both dairy and egg free.
Yes absolutely. I recommend replacing them with a handful or two of rolled oats.
How about these sweet treats…
Here’s some more sweet inspiration for you from the blog:
There are some yummy sweet treats throughout my cookbooks too:
In Feel Good Food Made Easy you’ll find things like Apple and fig tart, Blueberry chia puddings, Flourless lemon and raspberry torte and Chococherry self-saucing pudding.
Some favourites from Lunches and Snacks Made Easy are the Lemon and blueberry muffins, Apple cinnamon doughnut muffins, Chocolate granola and Date scones.
In All Day Eats, the sweet delights I make most frequently would have to be the Banana and date loaf, Strawberry and ricotta pikelets, Jammy scone scrolls and Chocolate coconut slice.
Thermomix Cinnamon Crumble Cake
- 20 g sugar coconut sugar or rapadura work best, but raw sugar will be fine if that's what you have
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and quartered (optional)
- 60 g salted butter *Note 1
- 50 g sugar coconut sugar or rapadura work best, but raw sugar will be fine if that's what you have
- 50 g almonds *Note 2
- 30 g plain flour or spelt flour (*Note 3)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g salted butter *Note 1
- 200 g milk *Note 1
- 2 eggs *Note 4
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g plain flour or spelt flour (*Note 3)
- 70 g sugar coconut sugar or rapadura work best, but raw sugar will be fine if that's what you have
- 3 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base and grease the sides of an 18-20cm round or square cake tin.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in mixer bowl. Combine 5 seconds/speed 5 OR if you are including apple, add this before with the cinnamon and sugar and combine 5 seconds/speed 6 instead. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Place all Crumble ingredients in mixer bowl. Combine 10 seconds/speed 5. Transfer to a bowl (separate to the cinnamon sugar).
- Place butter in mixer bowl. Melt 2 minutes/60/speed 2.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla. Combine 5 seconds/speed 4.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Pour half of the cake batter into prepared tin. Use a spatula to spread and cover entire base.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar all over in an even layer, covering the batter completely.
- Top with remaining cake batter. Use your spatula to carefully spread to cover the cinnamon sugar completely. Use a butter knife to gently "swirl" the layers of cake with cinnamon sugar.
- Pinch off pieces of the crumble and scatter it over the surface of the cake as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before removing onto a cake cooling rack. Serve warm or cold.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone