This amazing Sticky Lime and Coconut Loaf was a throw together one afternoon. I needed afternoon tea for the kids and had no food in the house!
I had a bowl full of limes and started thinking about good combinations. Lime and coconut won and this little beauty was born.
What a wonderful surprise we got when we cut it open and tasted it! Simply divine.
I’m going to say it is possibly even better than my Brilliant Blueberry Lemon Loaf. And I really love that one!
Sticky Lime and Coconut Loaf
For the Cake
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 100 g coconut sugar or sugar of your choice
- 300 g Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 50 g butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 150 g unbleached white spelt flour or plain flour or ORGRAN gluten free flour
- 90 g desiccated coconut
- 3 tsp baking powder
For the Lime Syrup
- 75 g coconut sugar or sugar of your choice
- 1.5-2 limes juice only (you need 50g lime juice)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and grease sides of loaf tin.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove zest from the lime, then add the strips of zest to mixer bowl, along with the sugar. Blitz 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add yoghurt, butter, eggs and lime juice. Process 10 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- Add flour, coconut and baking powder. Combine 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Pour into prepared tin. Bake 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- When the cake is almost cooked, make the lime syrup by placing sugar and lime juice in mixer bowl. Heat 3 minutes/80/speed 2/MC off.
- When cake is cooked, leave in the tin. Poke a skewer in the top at regular intervals (a few centimetres apart over the entire top of the loaf). Drizzle lime syrup onto loaf, pick up the tin and gently move it to completely coat the surface.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes before removing from tin and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone