I love lemon flavoured baked goods. This one has a good balance of lemon, sweetness from the coconut sugar and bursts of blueberries, along with a slight saltiness.
1 lemon, zest and juice
100g coconut sugar
80g milk (coconut milk for dairy free)
60g butter (coconut oil for dairy free)
250g unbleached white spelt flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
120g blueberries, frozen (not defrosted) or fresh
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Use a peeler to remove the zest from the lemon. Place zest in mixer bowl, along with coconut sugar. Blitz for 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Add lemon juice, milk, butter and eggs. Combine or 15 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Combine for 6 seconds/speed 3/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
5. Add blueberries and combine on reverse, for 10 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
6. Transfer batter to your prepared loaf tin. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Lift loaf out of the tin using the parchment paper, transfer to a cake rack and leave to cool completely.