This Mushroom Soup Thermomix recipe is a thermo’d version of a creamy mushroom soup that reminds me of my childhood. I’ve always LOVED mushrooms and my mum has been making this soup for as long as I can remember. It is also one of the stove-top recipes she taught me how to make before moving out of home years ago. Thanks, mum!
Other than the Thermomix what is needed for this Mushroom Soup?
Like many of the recipes you’ll find here at Thermobexta, this recipe uses a simple mix of ingredients that produces a flavoursome, nourishing meal. Here’s what you’ll need for this one:
- Olive oil
- Mushrooms (duh!)
- Vegetable Stock Paste Concentrate
- Salt and (plenty of) freshly cracked black pepper
It’s actually a little bit amazing that this mix of ingredients makes such a very delicious soup, but trust me, it just does!
How to make Mushroom Soup in the Thermomix
(Full recipe is below, on the recipe card)
We start off chopping and sauteeing onion and garlic in some olive oil.
Next we add some simple vegetables – potato and carrot. Since these are harder veggies than the mushrooms, they are chopped first. These vegetables not only add nutrition, but help to thicken the soup and provide a great texture to the finished product.
Then come the mushrooms. They are blended down (with the other bits already in the bowl) to a fine consistency.
Next the water and stock paste concentrate are added and the soup is cooked for 20 minutes.
By this point, the soup is cooked and it’s time for the finishing touches. The cream and pepper are now added and mixed in. Now, I do call for a fair amount of pepper and if you ask me, it’s essential. However if you’re not as keen as I am on pepper you can reduce it! It does go so well with the mushrooms.
Give the soup a taste and season with some salt and more pepper, if needed. You can also puree the soup now if you would like a very smooth consistency. For our family, the texture is perfect as is but it is certainly fine to blend down further if you prefer! Using the Thermomix this Mushroom Soup is pureed easy-as-pie – it really makes light work of it!
Some more winning soups
Making soup is such a great way to use the Thermomix and I have so many fabulous soup recipes both here on the website and in some of my cookbooks. Here are some of my favourites:
My cookbooks – Feel Good Food Made Easy and Family Favourites Made Easy – also have some of the most popular Thermobexta soup recipes in them, you can find them here in the shop.
Let’s get social!
Mushroom Soup Thermomix Recipe
- 200 g brown onion roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves 15g
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 large potato roughly chopped
- 100 g carrot roughly chopped
- 500 g mushrooms halved
- 500 g water
- 50 g Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 150 g cream or coconut cream
- 0.5 – 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- sliced red chilli, chilli flakes, spring onion, fresh chives, parsley, a swirl of cream optional garnish suggestions
- Place onion, garlic and oil in mixer bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl. Saute 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add potato and carrot. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- Add mushrooms – the bowl will be quite full. Chop 1 minute/speed 5/MC on, using your Thermomix spatula to assist as needed.
- Add water and stock. Cook 20 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on.
- Add cream and pepper. Combine 5 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
- Taste and if needed, season with salt and more pepper.
- Serve as is, or with a swirl of cream, some finely diced fresh chilli (or chilli flakes), chives (or spring onion) and parsley.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.