Thick and creamy, this simple Thermomix broccoli and leek soup is perfect to have on hand ready for lunch or a snack in this chilly weather.
I often make it up and have it in the fridge to heat up a mugful mid-morning, or when I just need a little bit of something. I also turn it into a lunch or dinner meal by adding some grilled cheese on sourdough. Yum!
It takes less than half an hour to make and uses only 8 ingredients (and that’s including stock, water and pepper!). It’s great for those busy weekdays and is sure to be enjoyed by even the fussiest of eaters.
Ingredients Needed to make this Tasty Thermomix Broccoli and Leek Soup
(For the full recipe, simply scroll to the recipe card below this visual guide)
A few simple ingredients is all that’s needed to make this yummy soup:
1. Place leek and butter in mixer bowl. Saute 10 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
2. Add half the broccoli. Chop 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
3. Add remaining broccoli. Chop 30 seconds/speed 4/MC on. I scraped down the bowl before adding the second lot of broccoli to the bowl below.
4. Add water and stock. Cook 15 minutes/100/speed 3/MC on.
5. Add cream, lemon juice and pepper. Blitz 40 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Make sure you turn the speed dial up slowly so as to avoid any hot splatters escaping.
More Thermie Soup Recipes
Thermal cookers are very good at making soups. Here are some more great soup recipes:
Feel Good Food Made Easy, my third cookbook is the ultimate winter warmer! Along with breakfast, dinner and dessert recipes, it contains some really great soup recipes too.
Broccoli and Leek Soup
- 350 g leek sliced 1-2cm (1-2 leeks)
- 30 g butter or olive oil
- 800 g broccoli broken into florets – use the stem as well, just peel it first
- 700 g water
- 80 g Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 100 g cream or coconut cream
- 20 g lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place leek and butter in mixer bowl. Cook 10 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add half of the broccoli. Chop 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Add remaining broccoli. Chop 30 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Add water and stock. Cook 15 minutes/100/speed 3/MC on.
- Add cream, lemon juice and pepper. Ensuring you turn the dial up slowly, blitz 40 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.