This simple soup was just what I felt like for lunch today. Bonus was that I didn’t have to wait too long for it to cook before I could dig in!
150g brown onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves (10g)
200g carrot, sliced
200g celery, sliced
20g extra virgin olive oil
150g zucchini, diced
70g odds-and-ends vegetable stock paste
100g angel hair pasta, snapped in half
20-30g fresh chives or spring onion, finely sliced
1 tightly packed Tbsp lemon thyme, leaves (remove any woody stems before measuring)
1. Place onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 4 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add carrot, celery and oil. Sauté for 10 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
3. Add water, zucchini and stock. Cook for 15 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
4. Add pasta, chives/spring onion and thyme. Cook for 4 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
5. Season with pepper, serve immediately.