This simple Thermomix-made Veggie Noodle Soup was just what I felt like for lunch today. Bonus was that I didn’t have to wait too long for it to cook before I could dig in!
Not only is this soup quick to make, it is also a nice cheap meal! The ingredients are things you will more than likely have on hand at all times.
Being a Thermobexta recipe, it is of course adaptable. So if you don’t have one or two of the vegetables, swap for what you do have. If you don’t have fresh thyme, use dried.
How to Make Thermomix Veggie Noodle Soup
Some basic ingredients, four steps and half an hour is all it takes.
1. Place onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop.
2. Add sliced carrot, sliced celery and olive oil. Saute.
3. Add water, zucchini and stock. Cook.
4. Add pasta, chives/spring onion, thyme and pepper. Cook.
Gluten Free Noodle Soup
This recipe calls for angel hair pasta but if you are gluten free, there are several other options.
Zoodles – noodles made by spiralising zucchini. This is the spiraliser I use, it’s been going strong for years now! Simply place raw zoodles in bowls and pour the hot soup over.
Cabbage – shred cabbage then place in the steaming attachment. Steam while the soup cooks in the bowl. Place cooked cabbage in bowls before pouring in the soup.
Low carb noodles – such as these ones. Made from konjac, they are naturally gluten free.
More Lovely Lunches
Here are some more lovely lunches for you to whip up!
For more thermo inspiration or to ask questions on anything thermie, Bexta, food, cooking in general, etc. head on over to our Facebook group.
There you will find over 50,000 lovely members. We don’t have the issues that other big groups have, we’re a friendly bunch, honest 🙂
Veggie Noodle Soup
- 150 g brown onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves 10g
- 200 g carrot sliced
- 200 g celery sliced
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 950 g water
- 150 g zucchini diced
- 70 g Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 100 g angel hair pasta snapped in half (Note 1)
- 20-30 g fresh chives or spring onion finely sliced
- 1 tightly packed Tbsp lemon thyme or regular thyme, leaves only (remove any woody stems before measuring)
- Place onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop 4 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add carrot, celery and oil. Sauté 10 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
- Add water, zucchini and stock. Cook 15 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
- Add pasta, chives/spring onion, thyme and pepper. Cook 4 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.