Thermobexta’s Smilo

smilo

This awesome Milo-like chocolate drink powder recipe for the Thermomix is additive-free and super simple!

Smilo is so simple to make, taking just a few minutes and using just three ingredients. It is free gluten, dairy, grains, nuts, refined sugar and additives. Added bonus is it’s also vegan.

The recipe makes a large batch which will keep well for months in an airtight container in the pantry.

Once you’ve made it, it’s a simple case of stirring a couple of teaspoons into a glass or (warm or cold) milk!

Print Recipe Pin
5 from 1 vote

Thermobexta’s Smilo

This very popular alternative chocolate powder is a great, additive-free option to add to milk!
Prep Time2 mins
Total Time2 mins
Course: Drinks
Cuisine: Australian
Keyword: Milo recipe, Smilo, Thermomix chocolate powder, Thermomix Smilo
Servings: 1 jar
Calories: 978kcal

Ingredients

• 100 g cacao powder or cocoa powder (1 cup)
  • 230 g coconut sugar or rapadura (1.5 cups)
  • 2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 vanilla bean, quartered

Instructions

• Place all ingredients in mixer bowl. Process for 1 minute/speed 7/MC on.
  • Store in an airtight glass jar or container.

Notes

Stir 1-2 tsp into a glass of warm or cold milk. It will dissolve in warm milk, but if adding to cold milk it won’t really dissolve, unless you blitz together in your TMX – I don’t bother doing this as my kids like eating it off the top then drinking the milk.

Nutrition

Serving: 1jar | Calories: 978kcal | Carbohydrates: 258g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 1524mg | Fiber: 33g | Sugar: 152g | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 14mg

Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.

Tried this recipe?Please rate it and leave feedback in the comments section below, or mention @Thermobexta or tag #Thermobexta on Instagram.

Posted in

Thermobexta

You might also be interested in these recipes...

Vanessa Bliss
Vanessa Bliss
11 months ago

Where do you get vanilla powder from?

Alicia
Alicia
11 months ago

Hi,

Would you be able to use Monkfruit or Natvia/Stevia in place of Coconut sugar?

Kimberly Wilkinson
Kimberly Wilkinson
11 months ago

Hi
Can I use vanilla extract if so how much it’s liquid or can I use vanilla paste if so much? Thanks

Evie
Evie
1 year ago

My kids can’t get enough of this. Ive substituted the coconut sugar with raw sugar when Ive run out and kids didn’t notice a change.

Jade Kersey
Jade Kersey
1 year ago

Making a batch now. We’ve (I’ve) missed it in our house. Just in time for the cold weather. Mmmmmm

Pam
Pam

What does MC mean ?

Judie
Judie

We only have vanilla essence at home at the moment so I have been making ‘elixir of smilo’ using a tbs of vanilla essence in lieu of the vanilla powder. The first time we made it I used ingredients I had available (generic brand cocoa powder and sugar… backed off the amount to 1 cup)… i called it ”essence of $Milo’… cooked it by melting sugar into a cup of water for a few minutes at 100c then adding cocoa/cocao letting it reduce for a few minutes. Turning off heat adding a tbs vanilla essence and musing for 5 seconds… Read more »

Jess
Jess

I love this recipe!! My kids love it hot or cold. I’ve just made it for family members as an Xmas present. I will never buy commercial drinking chocolate again!

Tracey
Tracey

Has anyone made this with a sugar alternative, like Natvia? Thank you

bec bio shot website

Hi, I'm Bec

I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you're looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone

Cookbooks