Fresh and tasty, this Thermomix Roasted Capsicum and Macadamia Dip is so moreish! With less than five minutes active time, it’s very simple to make and very easy to eat.
I always used to LOVE those nutty dips you can buy. You know the ones… capsicum and cashew… sweet potato and cashew… basil pesto…
Back when I got my first Thermomix, I decided pretty quickly that dips would be a simple thing to make in it and I knew I wanted to play around with these veggie/nut type combos!
Roasted capsicum is so easy to make at home! Roasting it adds so much richness and depth of flavour. Aaaand it lends itself to cheese, so fetta was an essential ingredient when coming up with this. Add a few other bits and pieces, simple really. And we end up with this:
No additives or preservatives here, just fresh ingredients! And only a few at that:
How to make this Divine Thermomix Capsicum Dip
Dips in general are pretty easy to make, especially when you have a thermie at your fingertips! Just two steps to this one, well, three if you count pre-heating the oven.
1. Roast a red capsicum in the oven. Once it’s roasted, peel it.
2. Add capsicum to the thermie, along with all other ingredients. Turbo-blend a few times. Done.
This recipe can be enjoyed in many ways and not just the obvious one!
Pair it with crackers and veggie sticks and use as a dip, or…
Use it as a dressing for potato salad
Spread it on your pizza bases
Dollop onto veggies
More dip recipes for the thermie
Check out Lunches and Snacks Made Easy for some amazing dips, such as French Onion, Avocado, Egyptian Beetroot
The best recipe you’ll ever find for Hummus is in my second cookbook, Summer Meal Mix Up!
Of course I also have some other awesome dip recipes here on the blog as well. Here’s a few of them:
Roasted Red Capsicum and Macadamia Dip
- 1 red capsicum
- 75 g macadamias
- 75 g fetta cheese diced
- 60 g olive oil
- 10 g fresh basil
- 10 g lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (5g)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Halve and deseed the capsicum then brush with a little oil and place on tray, skin side up. Roast for 20 minutes then remove from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. As soon as it is, peel the blackened skin off.
- Roughly chop the capsicum then place in mixer bowl, along with macadamias, fetta, olive oil, basil, lemon juice and garlic. TURBO/2-4 times/MC on, until the dip has reached desired consistency.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.