Dips are just one of the things that the Thermomix does so easily! I whipped this one up for our lunch today and it was too good not to share with you.
The four of us ate the entire batch! My six year old has declared it the best thing she’s ever eaten!
We dipped vege sticks and crackers into it. I also had some roasted red capsicum that needed using, so I diced it into small pieces. It complimented the dip really well.
After some more healthy snack ideas?
Snacks such as dips like this one are a breeze in the Thermomix. Having healthy snacks on hand stops me reaching for ready made snacks.
I have a whole book dedicated to snacks and light meals, in Lunches and Snacks Made Easy. It’s incredibly popular amongst Bexta’s. My kids have firm lunch box favourites in it that we keep in constant rotation in the freezer.
In case you don’t have Lunches and Snacks Made Easy, here are a few of our favourite snack recipes from right here on the website:
Green Olive and Butter Bean Dip
- 1 400g can butter beans drained, rinsed (or 250g cooked butter beans)
- 120 g pitted green olives
- 1 garlic clove (5g)
- 60 g cashews raw
- 30 g olive oil
- 20 g lemon juice
- more olive oil and paprika to serve
- Place all ingredients in mixer bowl. Process 10 seconds/speed 6/MC on. Dip will still have some texture after this time. If you are wanting a smooth dip, process for longer, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Serve topped with a slosh of olive oil and a sprinkling of paprika.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.