I have a new favourite salad and this is it! It’s a salad meal, nothing else needed. Unlike a traditional version, my Thermomix Nicoise salad doesn’t contain tuna, but if you eat fish and want it more traditional you could add a tin of tuna.
Serves 4 as a main, 6+ as a side
70g extra virgin olive oil
50g lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/4 tsp coconut sugar
2 stalks of parsley, leaves
350g potatoes, washed well and diced into bite sized cubes
150g stringless beans, trimmed and cut into 4-5cm lengths
100g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
80g kalamata olives
1 avocado, halved, deseeded and cut into bite sized pieces
1. To make the dressing, place all dressing ingredients in mixer bowl. Blitz for 10 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Remove from bowl, set aside.
2. To make the salad, place 600g water in mixer bowl. Place eggs in steaming basket and set in place inside bowl.
3.Add potatoes to steaming attachment and set steaming attachment in place on top of mixer bowl. Steam for 17 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 4.
4. Place beans in steaming attachment, on top of potatoes. Cook for a further 3 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 4, or until potatoes are tender.
5. Remove steaming attachment and run vegetables under running water to cool them down and to stop from cooking any further.
6. Remove basket from bowl and run eggs under running water. Peel and cut each egg into quarters.
7. Place spinach leaves in a large serving dish. Scatter with potatoes, then olives, then avocado, then eggs, then beans. Drizzle the dressing over.