My Nicoise Salad recipe for the Thermomix is a meal in itself! Lots of fresh veggies – greens, potatoes, avocado, eggs and olives all brought together with a lemony vinaigrette. So. Much. Flavour.
With a good balance of protein, good fats and carbs, a healthy meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and clean!
Unlike a traditional version, my Thermomix Nicoise salad doesn’t contain tuna, but if you eat fish and want it more traditional you could add a tin of tuna.
This Nicoise Salad really uses the Thermomix to it’s full potential: – Dressing made in the bowl – Eggs in the simmering basket – Potatoes and beans in the steaming attachment.
This means that it makes a lot, enough to serve six in fact, or more if you’re serving it as a side. It keeps well, so any leftovers can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner the next day too.
What’s Needed and How to Make Nicoise Salad in the Thermomix
There are two components of this recipe: the dressing and the salad. Below are photos are some details about the recipe. For the full recipe, scroll down to the recipe card.
For the dressing, we need:
Once you’ve gathered the ingredients for the dressing, it is so simple to make. Just throw all ingredients into thermie and blitz to combine and emulsify.
Once done, remove from the bowl and set aside. The taste is lovely and lemony! It will look like this:
Next we make the salad. For this, we need:
Eggs (you can leave these out if you are vegan or don’t eat eggs)
Baby spinach (you can use other salad greens if you prefer)
We use the thermie to cook the eggs and potatoes. The eggs in the simmering basket and the potatoes in the steaming attachment:
Once the eggs and potatoes are cooked, peel and quarter the eggs. Next, arrange the spinach on a large platter. Top with cooled potatoes, beans, olives, avocado and eggs. Finally, drizzle liberally with the dressing, then DIG IN!
Salads, Salads and More Salads
I have three incredibly popular books filled predominantly with salad recipes! They provide absolutely all the recipes you need when you’re looking the best of the best Thermomix salads.
- 80 g olive oil
- 60 g lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (5g)
- 10 g Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 10 g fresh parsley
- 600 g potatoes diced 1-2cm bitesized
- 6 eggs
- 150 g green beans trimmed, cut 4-5cm
- 150 g baby spinach leaves washed and dried
- 100 g olives of your choice pitted kalamata, green, black
- 1 medium/large avocado diced bitesized
- Place all dressing ingredients in mixer bowl. Blitz 30 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Remove from bowl, set aside.
- Place 600g water in mixer bowl. Add eggs to steaming basket and set in place inside bowl.
- Add potatoes to steaming attachment and set this in place on top of mixer bowl. Steam 15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 4.
- Carefully remove steaming attachment and set aside. Place eggs in a bowl of cold water. Return steaming attachment to top of mixer bowl. Cook a further 4 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 4.
- Add beans to steaming attachment, in on top of potatoes. Steam a further 3 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 3/MC on, or until potatoes and beans are tender.
- Remove steaming attachment and run vegetables under running water to cool them down and to stop from cooking any further.
- Peel and quarter the cooled eggs.
- Place spinach leaves in a large serving dish. Top with potatoes, beans, olives, avocado and eggs. Drizzle with dressing.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone