I was surprised at how good this turned out and reading the recipe, you may think it sounds a bit strange, but I urge you to give it a go, it’s really really good. I think it would probably be quite good as a filling for sausage rolls too.
2 tbs garam masala
15 dried curry leaves
90g cashew pieces
150g onion, quartered
120g red capsicum, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
10g extra virgin olive oil
150g mushrooms, sliced
250g firm tofu, cubed
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbs nutritional yeast
90g frozen peas
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Place the garam masala and curry leaves in mixer bowl. Cook for 2 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
3. Add cashews. Blitz for 12 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Remove mixture from bowl, set aside.
4. Into mixer bowl, place onion, capsicum, garlic and oil. Chop for 4 seconds/speed 4/MC on then cook for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC on.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC on. Remove from bowl.
6. Place tofu, eggs, salt, turmeric, nutritional yeast and the cashew/garam masala mix. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
7. Add the vegetables back into the bowl, along with the frozen peas. Combine for 15 seconds/reverse/speed 3/MC on.
8. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 35 minutes.