From today onwards, this will be my go to homemade spelt bread recipe. I prefer it to even my Best Ever Spelt Bread, which sort of means that is no longer the best ever… lol Don’t get me wrong, though, that recipe does make a fabulous loaf of bread too.
Anyway, I really like this and hope that you do too.
It’s loaded with seeds and has the perfect wholemeal to white ratio of flour. You can change around the types of seeds you use – just make sure you stick to 120g total seed weight.
Super Seeded Wholemeal Spelt Bread
- 400 g water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 360 g whole spelt flour
- 230 g unbleached white spelt flour
- 20 g olive oil
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g pepitas
- 30 g linseeds
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 10 g poppy seeds
- 2 tsp natural bread improver heaped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or rapadura or honey
- Place all ingredients in mixer bowl in the order they are listed. KNEAD/3 minutes/MC on.
- Transfer dough to a silicon baking mat and wrap to cover, or into an oiled bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm place until dough has doubled in size.
- Knock all of the air out of the dough then transfer into a bread tin. Spray the surface of the bread with water (this will give a crusty exterior) and if you would like to sprinkle seeds on top, do so now. Leave in a warm place to double in size again.
- Place in your cold oven and set to 200°C. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from tin immediately and leave to cool completely on a cake rack before slicing.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.