Today I have my girls home from school with colds and thought a nice warm rice pudding made in the Thermomix would be the perfect comfort food treat for their little bellies. Well, they really loved this one, so I thought I should share the recipe.
Made from staples you will have in your pantry and fruit bowl, this is pretty quick to make and very satisfying.
Apple Pie Rice Pudding
- 4 medjool dates seeds removed
- 420 g water
- 2 apples cored (approx 200g cored weight) – no need to peel
- 250 g coconut cream
- 170 g arborio rice or other short grain rice
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch nutmeg
- 30 g butter optional
- Place dates and 400g water in mixer bowl. Blitz 20 seconds/speed 9/MC on.
- Add apples. Chop 4 seconds/speed 6/MC on.
- Add coconut cream, rice, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir thoroughly with a spatula. Cook 16 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
- Transfer cooked rice pudding to a thermal container. To this, stir through the butter, if using, until melted and well combined.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut cream.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone