Today I have my girls home from school with colds and thought a nice warm rice pudding made in the Thermomix would be the perfect comfort food treat for their little bellies. Well, they really loved this one, so I thought I should share the recipe.
Made from staples you will have in your pantry and fruit bowl, this is pretty quick to make and very satisfying.
Apple Pie Rice Pudding
- 4 medjool dates seeds removed
- 420 g water
- 2 apples cored (approx 200g cored weight) – no need to peel
- 250 g coconut cream
- 170 g arborio rice or other short grain rice
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch nutmeg
- 30 g butter optional
- Place dates and 400g water in mixer bowl. Blitz 20 seconds/speed 9/MC on.
- Add apples. Chop 4 seconds/speed 6/MC on.
- Add coconut cream, rice, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir thoroughly with a spatula. Cook 16 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
- Transfer cooked rice pudding to a thermal container. To this, stir through the butter, if using, until melted and well combined.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut cream.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.