This is a decadent frittata that you’re sure to make again and again! Be sure you let it rest after cooking, to give it time to settle, as it is quite delicate.
60g Parmesan cheese, diced into 1.5cm cubes
60g baby spinach or kale, stem removed
300g red onion, peeled, quartered
1 garlic clove
20g coconut sugar
20g balsamic vinegar
20g extra virgin olive oil
300g pumpkin, diced into 1.5-2cm pieces
150g sour cream or cream
180g haloumi, diced into 1.5cm cubes
40g pine nuts, toasted in a dry frying pan
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a quiche dish with olive oil. Set aside.
2. Place onions and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape sides of bowl.
3. Add sugar, vinegar, oil and 20g of the water. Set internal basket in place. Add the pumpkin. Cook for 10 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC off.
4. Remove basket from bowl. Stir onions, scraping them off the base of the bowl. (If they are very dry, add a splash more water). Replace basket. Cook for a further 5 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
5. Remove basket from bowl, set aside. Transfer onions to a bowl, set aside.
6. Without washing mixer bowl, add Parmesan and spinach. Blitz for 7 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape sides of bowl.
7. Add sour cream, milk, eggs and haloumi. Combine for 6 seconds/reverse/speed 3/MC on. Scrape sides of bowl.
8. Add pumpkin and onions. Combine for 15 seconds/reverse/speed 2/MC on.
9. Transfer mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and set.
10. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with salad or veggies.