This is a great one to make for when you’re asked to take a dessert. It’s easy to make, but sure to impress.
180g raw cashews
120g coconut flakes
50g maple syrup
20g tapioca/arrowroot starch
500g full fat cream cheese (left out of the fridge to soften)
250g full fat sour cream
170g golden caster sugar
1 heaped tsp vanilla powder
2 tbs tapioca/arrowroot starch
100g Thermobexta’s Strawberry Vanilla Jam
2. Place all base ingredients into mixer bowl. Blitz for 5 seconds/speed 8/MC on. Scrape sides of bowl. Repeat.
3. Transfer mixture into the lined tin. Distribute evenly over the base and use either the base of a glass, or wet hands to press and compact the mixture. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. When you remove the cheesecake base from the oven, reduce the temperature of the oven to 160C. Set the base aside for now.
5. Set the butterfly in place on the blades of the rinsed mixer bowl. Add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
6. Add tapioca. Beat for 30 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
7. Set blades to speed 4 and add the eggs through the MC hole, one at a time, allowing 1 minute between adding each.
8. Pour mixture on to the base and spread to cover evenly.
9. Top with spoonfuls of jam. Use a butter knife to swirl the jam through.
10. Bake for 45 minutes, until cheesecake is just set. Leave in the oven, with the door ajar, for 1.5 hours.
11. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours before slicing into squares and serving.
This can also be made in a round tin for those that don’t have a square one as specified.