This Caramelised Onion, Pumpkin and Halloumi Frittata is a delightful dish that you’re sure to make again and again!
Be sure you let it rest after cooking to give it time to settle, as it is quite delicate.
Caramelised Onion, Pumpkin and Halloumi Frittata
- 60 g Parmesan cheese diced 1.5cm
- 60 g baby spinach or kale stem removed
- 300 g red onion quartered
- 1 garlic clove 5g
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 20 g balsamic vinegar
- 20 g olive oil
- 20-40 g water
- 300 g pumpkin diced 2cm
- 150 g sour cream or cream
- 100 g milk
- 5 eggs
- 180 g halloumi diced 1.5cm
- 40 g pine nuts toasted in a dry frying pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a quiche dish with olive oil.
- Place onions and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add sugar, vinegar, oil and 20g of the water. Set internal basket in place. Add pumpkin. Cook 10 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC off.
- Remove basket from bowl. Stir onions, scraping the base of the bowl well. (If they are very dry, add a splash more water). Replace basket. Cook a further 5 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
- Remove basket from bowl, set aside. Transfer onions to a bowl, set aside.
- Without washing mixer bowl, add Parmesan and spinach. Blitz 7 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add sour cream, milk, eggs and halloumi. Combine 6 seconds/reverse/speed 3/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add pumpkin and onions. Combine 15 seconds/reverse/speed 2/MC on.
- Transfer mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Bake 45 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.