These are jam packed full of veggies and very tasty.
600g pumpkin, diced into 2cm pieces (peeled weight)
1-2 tbs macadamia oil
salt and pepper, to season
250g baby spinach
1 onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves
10g macadamia oil
100g feta, cubed
100g fresh ricotta
1 tsp dried thyme
3 sheets puff pastry
sesame seeds or poppy seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place pumpkin onto a lined oven tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes then give the pumpkin a stir and roast for a further 10 minutes. Set aside. Turn your oven down to 180C.
3. While pumpkin is roasting, place spinach in mixer bowl. Cook for 3 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on. Transfer cooked spinach into the steaming basket or a fine colander and use a spatula to push the spinach against the side of the basket (or colander), to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
4. If you are using frozen puff pastry, remove from freezer now to defrost. Pastry is easiest to work with when it has defrosted enough to roll, but not too much that it becomes really stretchy.
5. Into mixer bowl, place onion, garlic and oil. Chop for 3 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl then cook for 5 minutes, steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
6. Add pumpkin, spinach, feta, ricotta, egg and thyme. Combine for 5 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
7. Cut each sheet of pastry in half. Place equal amounts of mixture onto each half sheet of pastry, distributing it down the length of each piece. Roll into six long rolls. Brush or spray the rolls with water and sprinkle with seeds. Cut each roll into 6-8 pieces.
8. Place rolls on lined trays and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until nicely browned.
9. Serve with tomato ketchup.