This is a great vegetarian side dish. The fresh sweetcorn, along with plenty of coriander, lime juice and garlic make it a fresh addition to any meal.
3 ears of corn
2 garlic cloves
15-20g coriander, leaves
1/2 large red chilli or jalepeno, roughly chopped (seeds and membranes removed for mild)
30g lime juice
30g extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
400g tin butter beans
60g red capsicum, diced in to small pieces
5g spring onion, very thinly sliced (approx. 1/2 of a spring onion)
1. Slice the bases off the ears of corn. Peel off the husks and remove the silky strings. Rinse under the tap.
2. One by one, stand each ear of corn on its base on a cutting board. Use one hand to support the corn, and in the other, use a sharp knife to slice off the kernels.
3. When all kernels are removed, place them in the internal steaming basket, then set this in place in mixer bowl. Add 500g water. Steam for 14 minutes/100/speed 3/MC on.
4. Remove basket from bowl and rinse kernels under cold tap until corn is completely cold. Drain well.
5. Into mixer bowl, place garlic, coriander and chilli (if using). Chop for 4 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
6. Add lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Combine for 2 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
7. Add corn, beans, capsicum and spring onion. Mix for 30 seconds/reverse/speed 2/MC on.
– Chilli in this dish is purely optional, it is delicious with or without.
– A diced tomato goes nicely mixed through this salsa.