This is a great vegetarian side dish. The fresh sweetcorn, along with plenty of coriander, lime juice and garlic make it a fresh addition to any meal.
Corn and Butter Bean Salsa
- 3 ears corn
- 2 garlic cloves (10g)
- 15-20 g coriander leaves
- 1/2 large red chilli or jalepeno roughly chopped (seeds and membranes removed for mild)
- 30 g lime juice
- 30 g olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 400 g tin butter beans
- 60 g red capsicum diced in to small pieces
- 5 g spring onion very thinly sliced (approx. 1/2 of a spring onion)
- Slice the bases off the ears of corn. Peel off the husks and remove the silky strings. Rinse under the tap.
- One by one, stand each ear of corn on its base on a cutting board. Use one hand to support the corn, and in the other, use a sharp knife to slice off the kernels.
- Place corn kernels basket, then set this in place in mixer bowl. Add 500g water. Steam 14 minutes/100/speed 3/MC on.
- Remove basket from bowl and rinse kernels under cold tap until corn is completely cold. Drain well.
- Into mixer bowl, place garlic, coriander and chilli (if using). Chop 4 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Combine 2 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Add corn, beans, capsicum and spring onion. Mix 30 seconds/reverse/speed 2/MC on.
– A diced tomato goes nicely mixed through this salsa.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.