This healthier-than-usual version of curried eggs incorporates veggies! It is a very simple idea that works well with any mix of vegetables you have on hand.
I use it as the filling for sandwiches or wraps, with some shredded lettuce. Sometimes instead I stuff it in a cos lettuce leaf.
My kids’ favourite ways to eat it is in wraps.
When I was talking to my sister about it, she asked if it would work as a dip, which is a great idea that I hadn’t thought of – perfect for lunch boxes!
This recipe makes a decent amount and leftovers will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. This makes it a great one to make when prepping for the week!
This healthy, yummy version of curried eggs is sure to be something you make over an over again. It’s delicious, nutritious and versatile!
Smashed Eggs – healthy sandwich filling
- 10 eggs
- 2 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 100 g mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to season
- Place eggs in simmering basket. Set basket in place in mixer bowl. Add 500g water. Steam 17 minutes/100/speed 4/MC on.
- Remove basket from bowl and discard water. Hold eggs under cold running water and peel. Set aside.
- Place carrots, celery, spring onion, curry powder and mayonnaise in mixer bowl. Blitz 4 seconds/speed 6/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add eggs. Mix 10 seconds/speed 3/MC on. Scrape down bowl. Repeat.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if required.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
Makes enough for 8-10 wraps