Spinach and cheese are the perfect pair and these rolls are spectacular. Add pastry and you can’t really go wrong!
This recipe is so quick to make and can be frozen prior to cooking, making it perfect to prep in advance for a party or barbecue, an easy lunch, dinner or snack for the kids.
Spinach and Three Cheese Rolls are great for lunch boxes (the pastry will soften upon cooling but my kids don’t care!)
Spinach and Three Cheese Rolls
- 3 sheets puff pastry Gluten free if required
- 40 g Parmesan cheese diced 1.5cm
- 30 g spring onion roughly chopped
- 5 g fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 120 g baby spinach
- 400 g fresh ricotta cheese from the deli section
- 80 g fetta cheese diced 1.5cm
- 2 eggs + another to brush the tops of the rolls
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- sesame seeds or poppyseeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Line two large trays with baking paper. Lay out the pastry on your clean bench top to defrost slightly while you make the filling.
- Place Parmesan, spring onion, parsley and garlic in mixer bowl. Blitz 5 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add (in this order) spinach, ricotta, feta, eggs and pepper. Blend 40 seconds/speed 4/MC on, or until well combined. You may need to use the spatula that was supplied with your machine to assist with this step.
- Halve each piece of pastry down the middle, to form two rectangles per sheet. Divide the spinach/cheese mixture evenly between each rectangle of pastry, distributing it down the length of each. Roll to enclose, forming six long logs.
- With the logs seam side down, brush the tops with the beaten egg, then sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds. Using a very sharp knife, divide each log into six small rolls then transfer to the trays.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.