Thick and creamy, this simple broccoli soup is perfect to have on hand ready for lunch or a snack in this chilly weather.
350g leek, sliced 1-2cm thick
30g butter (extra virgin olive oil for dairy free)
800g broccoli, broken into florets – use the stem as well, just peel it first
50g vegetable stock paste concentrate
100g cream (coconut cream for dairy free)
20g lemon juice
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Place leek and butter in mixer bowl. Cook for 10 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
2. Add half of the broccoli. Chop for 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
3. Add remaining broccoli. Chop for 20 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
4. Add water and stock. Cook for 14 minutes/100/speed 3/MC on.
5. Add cream, lemon juice and pepper. Ensuring you turn the dial up slowly, blitz for 40 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
Thank you to Leanne Field Trost for the beautiful photo of this soup.