Creamy Curried Caulisotto is a cauliflower risotto recipe for the Thermomix. Cauliflower + Risotto = Caulisotto! Creamy in texture, curried flavours, this recipe is a tasty, healthy take on risotto.
I first created this fab recipe when I did my first Whole30 around early 2014. When I shared it originally in the Facebook group, it gained a lot of popularity very fast!
It was so popular that I knew that there just had to be room in my first cookbook, Main Meals Made Easy, for this Cauliflower Risotto Thermomix recipe.
This meal is so healthy and delicious. Using cauliflower “rice” instead of Arborio makes it a lighter option than regular risotto. Added bonus is that the Thermomix makes caulisotto so quickly – 20 minutes from start to finish!
Creamy Curried Caulisotto
- 400 g cauliflower florets
- 150 g brown onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves 10g
- 20 g coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 200 g mushrooms quartered
- 100 g green beans or asparagus trimmed, sliced 1-2cm
- 100 g red capsicum diced
- 100 g frozen baby peas
- 100 g coconut cream
- 20 g Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- Place cauliflower in mixer bowl and turn it to "rice" by processing 10 seconds/reverse/speed 4/MC on. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Into the bowl, place onion, garlic, oil and 40g water. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl. Cook 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add curry powder. Cook 1 minute/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. (If contents is quite dry when you add the powder, add a dash more water now too).
- Add the riced cauliflower, mushrooms, beans, capsicum, peas, coconut cream and stock. Combine thoroughly with a spatula then cook 9-10 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on, stopping to stir contents half way through this cooking time. Check after 9 minutes and if you want the vegetables a little more cooked, add the extra minute of cooking time.
To include chicken, at step 4, add 300g chicken thigh, diced into 2cm cubes.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.