Thermomix overnight oats are one of my daughters’ favourite breakfasts. I love that they take almost no time to prepare the night before and they’re ready to eat as soon as they get up.
Perfect for those busy mornings, they take just a few minutes to prepare in the evening. They then sit in the fridge overnight and it takes just a minute or two in the morning til they’re ready to eat. Bonus is when your kids get a bit older, they won’t even need help dishing up!
There are so many different flavours you can add too, which keeps it interesting.
Sometimes I make them with cow’s milk and other times with cashew milk that I whip up right before combining everything. I’ve given instructions on the recipe on both ways. You’re welcome!
To make this speedy brekkie, you’ll need the following:
Cashews and water (or cow’s milk)
How to Make these Thermomix Overnight Oats
Such a quick brekkie to whip up, all that’s needed is 5 minutes in the evening.
(Scroll down to the bottom for the recipe card for full recipe)
1. If using cashew milk, make this first by blitzing water, cashews, vanilla and honey. Then add pear and chop.
2. Alternatively, if using cow’s milk, skip the above step. Instead, add the milk to the bowl first, along with the pear, vanilla and honey. Chop and combine.
3. Add blueberries, rolled oats, chia seeds and cinnamon. Mix.
4. Refrigerate overnight.
5. In the morning, eat as is, or dress with toppings of your choice.
Spiced Pear and Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1 pear quartered, cored
- 450 g full cream milk OR 450g water + 50g raw cashews
- 10 g raw honey or more if you like it sweeter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 80 g blueberries frozen or fresh
- 80 g rolled oats
- 20 g chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Suggested Toppings (choose one or two or none, it's up to you!)
- chopped nuts (highly recommended for added texture
- yoghurt, coconut yoghurt
- Simple Strawberry Sauce, Fast Blueberry Sauce
- diced fruit
- If using cow's milk, place pear, milk, honey and vanilla in mixer bowl. Chop and combine 4 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- Alternatively if you'd like to make with cashew milk, skip the above step. Instead, place water, cashews, honey and vanilla in mixer bowl. Blitz 1 minute/speed 9/MC on. Add pear. Chop 4 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients. Combine 5 seconds/reverse/speed 2/MC on.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning when you are ready to serve, spoon into bowls and top with coconut cream or yogurt, strawberry sauce and nuts and/or chopped fruit.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.