Aptly named, my Whatever Vegetable Soup is a meal that will change each time you make it. Adaptable to use any selection of vegetables you have in your fridge, you can’t really go wrong no matter the combination you use.
Perfect for cold nights, this simple meal will warm you up from the inside! Containing mostly vegetables, it is a nourishing and satisfying Thermomix vegetable soup.
It gets even better
There is a pimped up (but just as simple) version of this hearty vegetable soup in my third cookbook – Feel Good Food Made Easy – called Chunky Minestrone. This book is a collection of winter warmers and as well as a great selection of soup recipes, it also contains recipes for breakfast, right through to dinner and dessert.
FAQs on Whatever Vegetable Soup
Are there any vegetables I shouldn’t use in this?
In my experience, no. I’ve made this soup a zillion times using so many different types of vegetables. Never have I had it turn out anything less than delicious!
I can’t eat pasta, what can I use instead?
You can simply leave it out and increase some of the veg slightly. Alternatively, rice is lovely in it – if using, increase cooking time at Step 4 to 15 minutes.
I don’t have any Odds-and-Ends Stock Paste, what can I use instead?
You can use a different TMX stock paste, or use some powdered stock. Finally, you can replace the water in the recipe with liquid stock.
Can I double the recipe?
Definitely not. This recipe makes an entire TMX bowl of soup and can not be doubled.
Does Whatever Vegetable Soup freeze?
Yes, this soup freezes and defrosts well.
How’s it done?
Apart from the veggies, there are just a few staple ingredients you need to make this Thermomix vegetable soup: tinned tomatoes, oil, stock and dried herbs.
1. Throw in the vegetables and chop them up.
2. Saute with some oil for 10 minutes to get them sweating.
3. Add the liquid and flavourings and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
I hope you really love this hearty vegetable soup! It is a great option for a last minute dinner when you’re scraping the bottom of the veggie drawer.
Please Let Me Know What You Think
If you do make my Whatever Vegetable Soup, I would really appreciate if you could please leave me a star rating and comment underneath the recipe – thank you.
Have you joined our Facebook group? There you will find lots of thermie inspiration!
Whatever Vegetable Soup
- 750 g vegetables roughly chopped (such as carrots, celery, cauliflower, capsicum, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, pumpkin, parsnip, turnip, etc.)
- 1 brown onion halved
- 2 garlic cloves (10g)
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 80 g Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate or 3 tsp Herbamare
- 1 tsp dried oregano or basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 80 g risoni or other small pasta, Note 1
- Place vegetables, onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop 20 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Add oil. Cook 10 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
- Add tomatoes, stock, herbs, pepper and water up to 0.5cm under the II symbol at the 2L mark inside the bowl (approx. 600g water). Cook 10 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
- Add pasta. Use a spatula to combine with the soup. Cook 8-12 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on. (Cook for the length of time specified on your pasta packet).
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone