Thermobexta’s Creamy Curried Caulisotto

caulisotto2

This recipe, along with a great collection of other healthy, delicious dinners, can be found in my cookbook, Thermobexta Main Meals Made Easy, which you can check out here.

Using cauliflower “rice” instead of arborio makes this a lighter option than regular risotto.

Serves 4

400g cauliflower, broken into florets
150g brown onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves
20g coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp curry powder
200g mushrooms, quartered
100g green beans or asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-2cm lengths
100g red capsicum, diced
100g frozen green peas
100g coconut cream
20g vegetable stock paste concentrate

1. Place cauliflower in mixer bowl and turn it to “rice” by processing for 10 seconds/reverse/speed 4/MC on. Remove from bowl and set aside.

2. Into the bowl, place onion, garlic, oil and 40g water. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl. Cook for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.

3. Add curry powder. Cook for 1 minute/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. (if contents is quite dry when you add the powder, add a dash more water now too).

4. Add the riced cauliflower, mushrooms, beans, capsicum, peas, coconut cream and stock. Combine thoroughly with a spatula then cook for 9-10 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on, stopping to stir contents half way through this cooking time. Check after 9 minutes and if you want the vegetables a little more cooked, add the extra minute of cooking time.

Notes
Enjoy alone, or with a fried egg or side salad – either way this is a lovely filling meal.
To include chicken, at step 4, add 300g chicken thigh, diced into 2cm cubes.

Posted in ,

Thermobexta

You might also be interested in these recipes...

Jenine Boxall
Jenine Boxall

Haven’t made this for a while. Forgot how good it was. Thanks Bec.

Angela de Weerdt
Angela de Weerdt

Made this today to go with SM Lamb Rogan Josh………do it! Had some alpha males telling me they were sure there was real rice in there! Great accompaniment to any curry, easiest way to get a LOT of veg into people in one simple sitting

Leanne
Leanne

Loved this dish from MMME, super quick & easy, awesome flavours thanks Bec 🙂

Kirst
Kirst

Five stars

Kathleen
Kathleen

Wow I wasn’t really sure how this was going to taste but oh gosh, was delicious! Would definitely recommend and a great dish to use all your leftover veggies! I just used thickened cream as was all I had on hand. Thankyou!

Nicole
Nicole

I thought I would try this recipe as love trying new things in my Thermomix. I thought it would be too healthy and not taste so great…..how wrong I was. Hubby even loved it and was surprised when I told him it wasn’t a rice dish as he thought. I was upset to find that I had used the last of my veggie stock so had to resort to powdered and it was still great. Making my veggie stock now in readiness for the next time I make this yummy recipe. Thanks so much.

Caroline Ryan
Caroline Ryan
Reply to  Nicole

Hi Nicole can I ask how much veggie powdered stock you used as that’s all I have atm. Thanks caroline

trackback

[…] 1 – Creamy Curried Caulisotto (from […]

Amy
Amy

Hi does this work without the veggie stock concentrate? Thanks!

1 5 6 7
bec bio shot website

Hi, I'm Bec

I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you're looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone

Cookbooks