I have a bit of an obsession with having aaaaall the kitchen gadgets and small appliances. However, one thing I had never owned until recently, was a waffle maker. I knew the Thermomix would whip up the batter for waffles in no time.
Upon hearing we NEEDED a waffle maker, my lovely Mother-in-law thought it was time to rectify that. She bought us one for Christmas last year (YAY!)
The Creation of Bexta Thermomix Waffles
Of course being gifted a waffle maker meant I had to come up with my own waffle batter recipe. After an initial fairly successful try, I did a bit of tweaking and was soon getting frequent requests from my kids to make them.
I’ve been wanting to blog the recipe for months but the waffles always disappear too fast for me to get a photo. Until today… I decided to make them AFTER breakfast when the kids’ bellies were full and.. photo success!
Lovely and light on the inside and just the right amount of sweetness, these should disappear fast in your house too.
I serve waffles the same as I do pancakes and pikelets. A sweet topping is a must. Here are a few ideas for you:
Sometimes some fresh fruit – blueberries, chopped strawberries, sliced banana.
Maybe a little cream!
Feeling Like Savoury Thermomix Waffles?
If it’s savoury Thermomix waffles you’re after, give these Cauliflower Cheese Waffles a try instead. They’re very popular and so very good!
What to do if You Don’t Have a Waffle Maker
If you don’t have a waffle maker then unfortunately you can’t make homemade waffles. If you’re keen to make some, though and would like to get a waffle maker, this is the one I recommend. I really like it, it cooks nice and evenly and at a pretty good speed.
Easy Thermomix Waffles
- 350 g milk (Note 1)
- 50 g honey or sugar
- 40 g light tasting oil
- 2 eggs (Note 1)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 270 g white spelt flour or plain flour or gluten free flour (Note 2)
- 30 g cornflour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Turn your waffle maker on to pre-heat.
- Place milk, honey (or sugar), oil, eggs and vanilla in mixer bowl. Mix 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on.
- Add flour, cornflour and baking powder. Mix 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on, turning speed dial up slowly so flour doesn't fly up the sides of the bowl. Scrape down sides and mix a further 2 seconds/speed 4/MC on, if needed.
- When waffle maker is heated, add batter in the amount indicated by your machine's instruction manual and cook until golden brown.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.