This Roasted Cauliflower and Split Pea Soup is hearty, so delicious and best of all easy to make in the Thermomix.
It will fill and warm your insides on the coldest of winters days!
Roasted Cauliflower and Split Pea Soup
- 175 g yellow split peas soaked for 12 hours then drained and rinsed well
- 600 g cauliflower large florets
- oil or ghee, for roasting
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 200 g brown onion quartered
- 4 garlic cloves (20g)
- 5 g fresh turmeric peeled, or 1 tsp ground dried turmeric
- 10 g ginger coins
- 20 g ghee or olive oil
- 950 g water
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 1 batch Turmeric, Chilli, Garlic Fast Infused EVOO to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower on tray, drizzle with oil or melted ghee. Bake 30 minutes, turning halfway, then cut into small florets. (You can get on with the rest of the recipe while this roasts).
- Into mixer bowl, place cumin, coriander, fenugreek and cardamom. Toast 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. Mill 30 seconds/speed 9/MC on – the spices won't be a powder at this point.
- Add onion, garlic, turmeric, ginger and ghee. Chop 5 seconds/speed 6/MC on. Scrape down bowl. Cook 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add split peas and water. Cook 30 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on.
- Add roasted cauliflower, salt and pepper. Blitz 15 seconds/speed 5/MC on, ensuring you increase speed slowly. Cook 10 minutes/100/speed 2/MC on.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Blitz 30 seconds/speed 7/MC on, ensuring you increase speed slowly.
- Serve in bowls on its own, or with a couple of teaspoons Turmeric, Chilli, Garlic Fast Infused EVOO.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.