This recipe also appears in my cookbook, Main Meals Made Easy, which you can check out here
Buying tomatoes in bulk saves so much money when you use them to stock up on basics such as this tomato paste. My local fruit and veg shop sells 10kg boxes very cheaply. I have also bought bulk boxes from my local farmers market.
I originally put the recipe up for this on the Thermomix Recipe Community early this year, but this version is slightly different, as I have found it doesn’t need the sugar I put in the original version.
1500g tomatoes, quartered
20g macadamia oil (or EVOO if nut free is required)
10g Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
2 bay leaves
Good sized handful of parsley
1. Place all ingredients into bowl. Process for 10 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
2. Cook for 45 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off, with basket on top of lid to catch any splatters.
3. Scrape down sides of the bowl then blitz for 1 minute/speed 9/MC on.
4. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off, basket on lid, until mixture is thick and concentrated.
5. Scoop tablespoons of the paste into ice cube trays and freeze then use as needed. When frozen, pop cubes out and store in a zip lock bag ready for use as needed.