This recipe also appears in my cookbook, Main Meals Made Easy, which you can check out here
This is a simple sauce with plenty of hidden vegetables – perfect for fussy children, or anyone really! Great to spread onto a pizza base or scrolls, or stir through pasta for some extra goodness.
1 red onion, quartered
1 garlic clove
10g extra virgin olive oil
400g tin tomatoes
120g carrot, roughly chopped
100g red capsicum, roughly chopped
80g celery stalk, cut into pieces
50g zucchini or broccoli
1/2 tsp Herbamare (*see below recipe if you don’t know what this is) or 5-10g vegetable stock paste
1 tsp honey
1. Place onion, garlic and oil in mixer bowl. Chop for 3 seconds/speed 5/MC on then sautefor 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
2. Add tomatoes, carrot, capsicum, celery, zucchini, herbamare (or stock) and honey to the bowl. Chop for 6 seconds/speed 6/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Cook for 15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC off, with the basket sitting on top of the lid to catch any splatters.
4. Blitz for 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
5. Allow to cool a little before using on pizzas.
*Herbamare is a herb salt that I use a lot in my cooking, it adds a good flavour to dishes, more so than plain salt. I especially love to sprinkle it on vegetables before I roast them, yum! You can purchase it at the supermarket.
NB. If you have a TM5 and would like a large amount, it is possible to double this recipe – you will need to increase cooking time to 25-30 minutes.