This hidden vegetable sauce recipe for the Thermomix is a simple sauce that’s super versatile.
Having hidden veg makes it perfect for
fussy children anyone!
Great to spread onto a pizza base or scrolls, or stir through pasta for some extra goodness. I also sometimes have it for breakfast with eggs, and Russ loves it for dinner with lamb chops.
This recipe also appears in my cookbook, Main Meals Made Easy, which you can check out here. It’s a book filled with dinner delights and is extremely popular amongst Thermomix owners.
Thermobexta’s Very Veggie Pizza/Pasta Sauce
- 1 red onion quartered
- 1 garlic clove 5g
- 10 g olive oil
- 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 120 g carrot roughly chopped
- 100 g red capsicum roughly chopped
- 80 g celery stalk roughly chopped
- 50 g zucchini or broccoli
- 1/2 tsp Herbamare* or 10g vegetable stock paste
- 1 tsp honey or sugar
- Place onion, garlic and oil in mixer bowl. Chop 3 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down bowl then saute 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add tomatoes, carrot, capsicum, celery, zucchini, herbamare and honey. Chop 6 seconds/speed 6/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Cook 15 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC off, basket on top of lid to prevent splatters.
- Blitz 20 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone