My 20 Minute Nachos are a great Friday night recipe, when you’re tired and just want dinner on the table fast and with little effort. Made with ingredients you will most likely have on hand (other than probably the corn chips), it’s convenient and thrifty! For something different, I sometimes serve on top of rice instead of corn chips. This recipe was inspired by my wonderful sister, Claire xx
1 large bag of corn chips (approx. 175g)
150g cheddar cheese, diced into 1.5cm cubes (optional)
150g onion, quartered
3 garlic cloves
30g extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbspn ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
a couple of shakes of chilli powder
1 tsp granulated sea salt
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
2 x 400g tins legumes, drained, rinsed (such as lentils, kidney beans, cannellini beans, four bean mix, etc.)
sour cream, diced avocado, torn coriander leaves (to serve, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place corn chips on a large, lined tray. Set aside.
2. Place cheese in mixer bowl. Grate for 4 seconds/speed 7/MC on. Transfer to a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add oil. Saute for 4 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
5. Add coriander, cumin and chilli. Saute a further 1 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
6. Add passata, salt, sugar and oregano. Cook for 5 minutes/100/speed 1/MC on.
7. Add legumes. Use a spatula to combine well. Cook for 5 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
8. Meanwhile, place tray of corn chips in the oven. Warm through for 5 minutes then distribute between the plates.
9. Serve the sauce on top of warmed corn chips (or rice), then top with the grated cheese and your choice of suggested toppings.