This is a great recipe for when you’re in a rush to get dinner on the table and it’s more than ‘just another Thermomix risotto’. Use whatever veggies you have on hand, mix it up each time you make it depending on what you’ve got.
150g onion, quartered
2 garlic cloves
20g extra virgin olive oil
260g arborio rice
80g white wine
600-650g vegetables of your choice, diced into bite sized pieces
60g vegetable stock paste concentrate
100g feta cheese, crumbled
40g each of sunflower seeds, pepitas and sesame seeds, toasted
1. Place onion and garlic in mixer bowl. Chop for 5 seconds/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add oil. Saute for 5 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
3. Add rice and wine. Saute for 2 minutes/100/speed 1/MC off.
4. Add vegetables, stock and water. Cook for 16 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on.
5. Meanwhile, toast seeds in a medium frying pan until golden and starting to pop. Set aside.
6. When risotto finishes cooking, rest it in the bowl for 5 minutes. Serve topped with crumbled feta and toasted seeds.