My kids would eat pesto pasta every night for dinner if I let them, they absolutely love it. I do make it fairly regularly for them, because I am happy with the nutrition they get from this recipe. Oh that and the fact that I always know they’re going to eat dinner without complaints!
My girls take leftovers cold to school for lunch which works well with this particular recipe since it’s nut-free.
Pesto is one of the things that the Thermomix makes light work of. Toast some seeds, throw everything in, blitz it up, done.
Turn it into a meal by cooking up some pasta, add some veg in the form of broccoli and you have pesto pasta!
For something a bit different, but so very yummy, the Eat Your Greens Pesto in Super Sides Made Easy includes veg IN the pesto. So if it’s hidden veg you need, then give that one a try!
Join us on Social Media
If you haven’t found us on Facebook yet, be sure to come on over and say hi! We’re becoming a pretty big group now, but have a great positive vibe with lots of people around to help with any questions and guidance.
Pesto Pasta with Broccoli
- 200-300 g Basil Pesto (1/2 – 3/4 batch)
- 350 g short pasta – spirals macaroni, etc. (Note 1)
- 250 g broccoli cut into small bite sized florets
- Squeeze lemon juice
- If you haven't yet made the Pesto, do so now. Set aside.
- Place 1.5L water in mixer bowl. Heat 10 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 3/MC on. Meanwhile, prepare broccoli and place in steaming attachment.
- Add pasta to mixer bowl. Set steaming attachment on top. Cook 10 minutes/steaming temperature/reverse/speed 1, or until pasta is al dente and broccoli is tender.
- Suspend steaming attachment over the sink and carefully pour contents of bowl onto the broccoli to strain the water off, reserving about half a cup of cooking water to assist with combining the Pesto with the pasta.
- Stir about half of the reserved water into the Pesto. If needed, add more until it reaches a consistency similar to a thick gravy.
- Transfer pasta and broccoli to a large bowl. Add pesto and a big squeeze of lemon juice. Combine thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone