My kids would eat pesto pasta every night for dinner if I let them, they absolutely love it. Pesto is one of those things that the Thermomix makes light work of and packed full of nutrients, this simple meal is something I make for dinner quite often. The kids love taking leftovers cold to school for lunch.
3/4 batch Thermobexta’s Nut Free Basil Pesto (approximately 375g)
350g dry short pasta – spirals, macaroni, etc. (gluten free pasta if necessary)
250g broccoli, cut into small bite sized florets
1. Make pesto. Transfer to a bowl, set aside.
2. Place 1.5L water in mixer bowl. Place broccoli in steaming attachment and set in place on top of bowl. Cook for 17 minutes/steaming temperature/speed 3.
3. Add pasta to mixer bowl. Replace steaming attachment on top (the broccoli won’t cook much more at all during this step as the temperature is lower, but will keep warm). Cook for 10 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1, or until pasta is al dente.
4. Suspend steaming attachment over the sink and carefully pour contents of bowl onto the broccoli to strain the water off.
5. Transfer pasta and broccoli to a large bowl and combine with pesto. Serve immediately.