This Date and Honey Cake is a simple one to whip up in the Thermomix when unexpected visitors call to say they’re on the way! You can serve it on its own, or with icing. My preference is un-iced, spread with butter, yum!
Date and Honey Cake
- 120 g butter diced (or solid coconut oil)
- 100 g pitted medjool dates
- 60 g honey
- 3 eggs
- 200 g milk
- 250 g wholemeal spelt flour or wholemeal plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin or a loaf tin.
- Place butter, dates and honey in mixer bowl. Blitz 10 seconds/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Set butterfly in place on blades. Beat 2 minutes/speed 4/MC on. Scrape down bowl.
- Set blades to speed 3 and add eggs in one at a time, allowing 20 seconds in between each addition. Remove butterfly. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add milk, flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt. Beat 20 seconds/reverse/speed 5/MC on.
- Transfer mixture into prepared cake tin. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.