This Thermomix Lentil Soup has been an incredibly popular recipe for many years and for good reason! It’s so hearty and really is all you need for a complete meal. It does go great with toast for dipping too, if you’re that way inclined.
I absolutely love this recipe, but I have improved on it and included the tweaked version in my third cookbook, Feel Good Food Made Easy. If you’re after some fabulous winter warmer recipes, you can’t go past this collection of amazing meals!
Seriously, soup is something the Thermomix does so well and this lentil soup showcases that perfectly.
This is such a flavoursome, hearty soup that I hope you enjoy as much as we do. It warms you up from the inside and is perfect for a cold day!
Best Lentil Soup Thermomix
- 200 g dried brown lentils
- 100 g leek sliced
- 240 g carrots diced bite-sized
- 75 g white sweet potato diced bite-sized
- 75 g zucchini diced bite-sized
- 75 g celery sliced (including some of the leaves, if you have them)
- 20 g ghee or butter
- 20 g olive oil
- 150 g tomato paste
- 70 g Odds-and-Ends Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 1 large dried bay leaves or 2 small
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 800 g water
- Firstly, you will need to soak the lentils. Place them in a bowl and cover generously with water. Leave for 2-3 hours. After this time, drain and rinse thoroughly then you can get started with cooking the soup.
- Into mixer bowl, place leek, carrots, sweet potato, zucchini, celery, ghee and olive oil. Saute 15 minutes/100/reverse/speed 1/MC on. Softening the veggies in this way before adding the liquid makes a big difference to the flavour.
- Add the drained, rinsed lentils, tomato paste, stock paste, bay leaves, thyme, cayenne and enough water to reach the 2L line inside the bowl (approximately 800g water). Cook 35 minutes/100/reverse/speed soft/MC on, or until lentils are tender.
Please note, nutrition information is calculated via an online recipe nutrition calculator and is a guide only. It is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed 100% accurate. I am not a nutritionist or trained health professional.
You might also be interested in these recipes...
Hi, I'm Bec
I specialise in great tasting vegetarian Thermomix recipes and cater for a wide range of dietary needs. I love sharing here and in my cookbooks my healthy, delicious recipes (of course the odd treat too!) Whether you’re looking to ignite your thermo mojo, or just after some new, really tasty family friendly recipes, there really is something here for everyone